In response to the current COVID-19 emergency, the Revelstoke Veterinary Clinic is enacting new hours and protocols to assure continued access to essential veterinary services while minimizing risk to the public, our clients and our staff.
We ask everyone for their patience and understanding during this difficult time.
- For non-urgent concerns or appointments, we kindly ask you to reschedule for a later date.
- Our veterinarians can be available for phone consultations during open hours – please call to inquire.
- Ongoing prescriptions may be renewable by phone without exam.
- For food and prescription purchases, we encourage you to order directly through our Webstore – call the clinic if you need help.
- We will be limiting the number of people in the clinic reception area – please be patient if you find the door locked – you will be seen in as soon as possible.
- Prior to all current appointments, we will call you to confirm your health status to ensure that no persons exhibiting ANY symptoms possibly consistent with COVID-19 infection come into the clinic.
IF YOU ARE ARRIVING AT THE CLINIC FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Please remain in your vehicle and call reception or text 250.814.3306 – we will see you in as soon as an exam room is ready.
IF YOU ARE IN QUARANTINE OR SELF-ISOLATION AND YOUR ANIMAL IS IN URGENT NEED OF ATTENTION:
- please call us – depending on the case and circumstances, we will direct you to either:
- arrange for another person to escort your animal to the clinic, or
- arrange a phone consult, with possible virtual-exam
We promise to ensure your animal’s care is attended to.
Please note – current medical-scientific knowledge tells us that our animals CANNOT become infected with the SARS CoV-2 virus and pass infection onto humans. However, their fur and bodies can act the same as any other surface that may become contaminated with virus – limited handling and hand-washing are advised.
Please see the following links for more information on pets and COVID-19:
Starting Monday, March 23 we will be open the following hours:
Monday, Tuesday : 8am-5pm
Thursday, Friday : 8am-5pm